Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Felting a Fez

Finally a crafty blog.

Back in late Feb, (just took me ages to find the original post), a facebook friend, posted this link, a pattern for a FEZ for a CAT, as you do. The thought of a tiny felting project of such cuteness was irresistible. Finally got around to it last week, the first draft was a bit off, I blame multitasking, watching tele, listening to the witty banter at Willow and brewing a cold, so read pattern wrongly somehow.

(A little aside for those who don't know, I spend Tuesday morning to Friday morning at Fushia's house, 50km from my house, so I commute to mind the lovely Snowpea after school etc)

So the bad thing about felting is 'there is no going back' , the good thing is 'you can always make boo boos into something else'. Number one ended up too wide at the bottom, for some reason I thought it looked like a Madeline hat, however on looking up that little French schoolgirl apparently her hat is yellow!! Had red in my head, anyway is a cute little hat and Que is a girl-however I will probably turn it into a flower for one of my bags.

The second try was much better, so cute, doesn't want to stay on heads tho, and Que didn't want her ears tucked up, Fang wouldn't have a bar of it, but Zac looked jaunty and being a versatile item it fitted Snowpea's hair bun perfectly-she didn't actually wear it to school though, might have started a trend lol.

A fetching boater

A fetching fez

Escape from this indignity is sooo close

Gentleman Zac

How cute is that!!


ps-pet photographers must have the patience of saints, so many wasted shots, bless the digital camera.

2 comments: